Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chat Rules

As you may have noticed, Foam Nation now has a chat box. It's powered by Chat Roll and is very easy to use. 

Now that it's up, I'm going to lay down a few ground rules to ensure that we all have a good time.

  1. No Flaming - I know the line between teasing/trolling and flaming. Don't cross it.
  2. No Foul Language - Everyone slips up once in a while, but frequent offenders will be banned.
  3. No Trolling - I understand the occasional troll comments, but people who log on exclusively to troll will be banned. 
  4. If you think you'll be away for more than two hours, log out of the chat - As far as I know, there is a 10 person limit in the chat. If you aren't using it, try to keep it clear.
More rules may be added later, but for now, try to follow these four. You may use the chat for whatever you wish, as long as it doesn't violate any of these rules.

5 comments:

  1. not a fan of your chat box.
    needs a geust acount.
    if you dont put one in i'll just go on nerf mods and reviews.
    please put one in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that has been fixed. Someone should verify that for me.

      Delete
  2. These are very good rules; simple, sweet, and to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a high-traffic site like this, putting the Chatroom on the main page is gonna fill up that 10-viewer limit REALLY quickly. Even just by viewing the page without being logged in as a guest or user will fill up the room. I avoided this problem when I made my chatroom for my blog as it's own page that you have to click on to view. That might help keep traffic down. Here's mine for an example: http://bazookafied.blogspot.com/p/t-chat.html

    It's worked well for me and it means that folks who actually want to chat have to actively seek it out so there's a higher chance of it being used by actual active members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good suggestion. I will look into it if it looks like the chat frequently fills up with inactive members.

      Delete